These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies have been my go-to for almost 12 years. They are fail-proof in my mind! They always turn out gooey and chewy (and stay chewy for days, unlike most cookies that get hard quickly). There are two kinds of chocolate chip cookies – crispy on the outside/gooey inside ones (which I love at first but they harden very quickly) and then chewy cookies. These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best at lasting through the day (or a couple days if you can make it 😉 without getting hard.
You can make them each small for a group or giant and they still turn out great. I love everything about these cookies! They stay soft for days because the butter to flour ratio is so high. My secret for keeping them soft is taking them out of the oven the second you see any brown appear on top. Even the tiniest bit. Then leave them on the tray for at least 10 minutes so they can slightly cook a little more without browning any more. When they come out they won’t be done at all. But in my experience if you wait until they’re all the way done they will be rock hard once they cool! Just take them out early… They will be delicious!
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars in stand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and keep beating for 1 min.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl mix flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture and cream. Then add the chocolate chips and mix quickly until incorporated.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 7-9 minutes, until first sign of brown on top. Then remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.
One more thing I love about these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies is the smaller batch size – it only makes 2 sheets of cookies so you don’t have too many lying around if you make them. However, you can easily double them if you need a lot for a crowd. Hope you love them! Let me know below if you try them out <3