Dairy-Free Sweetener-Free Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream
As I mentioned on my Instagram last week, I’ve been doing a food challenge for the past month to eat no sugars and no starches.
Last week I made up this recipe – I was planning to add some honey but the natural sweetness of the blueberries was enough to make this delicious – completely sweetened by fruit (and made so fresh by the burst of lemon juice).
If you’re trying to cut back on sugars too, this Dairy-Free Sweetener-Free Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream is a great treat to curb your sugar cravings. Plus it’s dairy free so no bloating or inflammation.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2½ c. frozen blueberries
- fresh juice of 1 lemon (1/2 c.)
- zest of 1 lemon
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except lemon zest.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes on high speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker; add in half the lemon zest and churn for 15-20 minutes until stiff and firm. (If you don't have an ice cream maker, simply pour mixture into a parchment lined pan, and then put that pan into a large sealed tupperware container, then freeze. This will keep the ice cream from crystalizing.)
- After the ice cream maker, pour into a parchment lined container or pan. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest. Serve then or chill to get it a bit more firm.
- Store in freezer in airtight tupperware container. When serving, remove from freezer 20 minutes before you eat it, to keep it from being too hard.
Make sure to serve it just after using the ice cream mixer or get it out of the freezer about 20 minutes before you eat it, to let it thaw a little. Natural ice creams don’t have fillers and chemicals like store-bought ice cream so they can get pretty hard. However, after leaving this out for a bit it was creamy and soft. I know you’ll love this Dairy-Free Sweetener-Free Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream.
Thanks for reading this Dairy-Free Sweetener-Free Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream recipe! Let me know if you like it. And be sure to follow along on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for more recipes, planning, and design!