Dairy/Sugar/Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Pie
Once you realize how many great treats you can make without sugar or dairy or flour, it becomes exciting to try new ones. This Dairy/Sugar/Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Pie is made with only nuts, dates, coconut oil, and strawberries. I love whole desserts for two reasons: 1) of course, they are made with unprocessed, whole ingredients, and 2) they fill you up so much faster than treats with refined sugars and flours. With “normal” cream pies, I can eat several pieces easily (tastes like a slide of firm pudding, right?). But with these cashew cream pies, you can really only eat a slice. The slice is filled with nuts and dates so it’s actually nourishing and filling! It takes a lot less to feel satisfied.
This Dairy/Sugar/Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Pie is no exception. It’s delicious! It’s fresh from the fruit and creamy at the same time. Store it in the fridge for a creamy treat all week.
- 1½ c pecans
- 7-8 medjool dates (pitted)
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- pinch sea salt
- STRAWBERRY CREAM LAYER:
- 2 c cashews
- 2-3 c. frozen strawberries (thawed, including any juice that thaws too)
- ½ c coconut oil (liquid)
- 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ - 1 c water (as needed)
- 2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- For crust, process ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined. You want ingredients to stick together. Press into the bottom of a pie pan and freeze.
- For cashew cream, soak cashews for 10 minutes and strain. Place in high powered blender (I use my Vitamix but a blend tec should work too).
- Add ½ c water to start and additional ingredients. Blend slowly into a cream. Add water as needed if it's too thick. It will be hard to blend because it's so thick but blend it slowly and it will become creamy!
- Once a creamy mixture, pour into frozen crust. Return to freezer and chill until this layer is set. Once set, store in refrigerator.
I hope you love this recipe too! It has saved me when I need something sweet and really want to stay off sugar, dairy, and flour. I hope you love it too.
Thanks for reading this Dairy/Sugar/Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Pie recipe! Let me know if you like it. And be sure to follow along on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for more recipes, planning, and design!