Thai Chicken Noodle Salad
Ooooh. This salad. It’s fresh and creamy and healthy but filling all at the same time. I love how the Asian flavors make food taste so fresh. I made it and slightly adapted it from my Our Best Bites cookbook. Love this recipe they created! I love all the veggies paired with some linguini and slathered in that Thai peanut sauce, it’s pretty amazing.
My son has a peanut allergy so I substituted almond butter for peanut butter (so good!) … THIS almond butter is the BEST consistency of any almond butter I’ve tried (dozens). It doesn’t need to be stirred, it’s really creamy, and the flavor is great. Also nothing added into it. Just almonds. Grab it on Amazon or at your grocery store! I also omitted the red onions because my husband doesn’t love them. My last change was to add more rice vinegar to the sauce. It adds a little more kick but add less if you’re not as into vinegars. I have an unhealthy obsession with pickled things.
- 8 oz linguine
- 4 C shredded greens (spinach, romaine, etc.)
- 2 C thinly sliced purple cabbage
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 c. pre-shredded carrots
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 C diced grilled chicken, salted well
- Thai Peanut Sauce:
- ½ C peanut butter (or almond butteR)
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2½ t sesame oil
- ¼ c. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce
- 3 T honey
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 T minced ginger
- ½ C roughly chopped cilantro (stems and all)
- ½ C vegetable oil
- ¼ t kosher salt*
- 2-3 t hot sauce (I used Cholula - tasted great)
- 2-4 T water*
- Prep ingredients for salad first - grill the chicken with salt, and chop all the veggies. If making ahead, chop all the veggies and cook chicken, then refrigerate.
- Boil noodles, then strain and rinse with cold water. (If making noddles ahead, toss with ½ of the dressing and store in the fridge, to prevent from sticking.)
- Toss noodles and veggies together and then toss with desired amount of dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Trust me you will love this Thai Chicken Noodle Salad. And for my kids I deconstructed the salad – put piles of the ingredients on their plate. They loved it!
This post contains affiliate links, however all opinions are my own.