Vanilla Cream Pie with Blueberries
Not only is this Vanilla Cream Pie with Blueberries sugar free – it has no artificial sweeteners of any kind – only sweetened with dates. Combined with pureed cashews, some cinnamon and vanilla, it is so flavorful and creamy. There are so many delicious ways to eat healthy – this Vanilla Cream Pie with Blueberries is also free from grains (nut and date crust) or dairy.
This is a great treat to make when you’re trying to eat healthy or for people that have food allergies and sensitivities.
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ c. almonds
- 1 c. cashews
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- VANILLA CASHEW CREAM LAYER
- - 2 c cashews
- -1 ½ c coconut oil, liquid
- - 9 medjool dates, pitted
- - 2 c water (as needed)
- - 3 tsp vanilla
- - ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Blueberries, or other fruit, for topping
- For crust, put ingredients in food processor and pulse until just combined. You want ingredients to stick together. Press into the bottom of a 9-10" springform pan and put in freezer while you make the cream.
- Meanwhile, add filling ingredients to a high powered blender (like a Vitamix or Blendtec). Blend until pureed. If it's too thick, try adding a little extra coconut oil. Pulse and push ingredients down, then pulse again.
- Once it is a creamy mixture, pour into springform pan, on top of frozen crust.
- Return pie to freezer and chill until this layer is firm and chilled. Remove from freezer and serve.
- Store in fridge for up to a week!